Advantages of Using WordPress
• Easy to use: WordPress is the simplest CMS requiring basic technical expertise to begin with. An extremely user friendly interface makes editing/adding content an easy job. It also allows content in the form of images and videos to be directly uploaded from the page editing form. There are many themes available for WordPress which are customizable as per the user’s requirements.
• Rich Plugin architecture: With a database of over 18,000 plugins, one can possibly add any feature to the base version of WordPress. This further helps developers in extending the possible uses of WordPress. From SEO to customizing the look of your website, one can possibly do everything by installing a Plugin.
• Decentralized Maintenance: WordPress allows for multiuser and multiblogging. One can add any number of users and give them different access control. Users are permitted to access only the sections as are deemed useful to their specific job roles.
• SEO and Digital Marketing friendly: With the help of plugins and widgets, a WordPress site can easily become SEO friendly and allow for basic digital marketing. A number of widely-used add-ons allow site visitors to easily repost an article to sites like Twitter or Digg, or to add a Facebook “Like” functionality. ‘Comments’ form an important constituent of a WordPress blog. Hundreds of pinging services and blog directories with RSS accept all WordPress feeds.
• Strong Community: It is easy to find resource that is skilled in WordPress. Moreover, it also has a very strong online network of forums and discussion groups where anyone can ask questions and seek answers.You will find an example of how SimpleD WordPress training is run.
At the end of this training you will have a fresh, professional website, that you can manage yourself.
How to set up WordPress
Introduction to WordPress
How to set up a WordPress website in 15 mins
Introduction to dashboard
How to publish posts, pages, images and video
Create and Formatting your posts and pages
Inserting and embedding media – images, video, audio
Creating and arranging your menus
How to monitor and moderate comments
How to stop spam
How to make your site look great with WordPress themes
Themes and how can you use them
Theme frameworks (Twenty Fourteen, Woothemes, Thesis, CodeCanyon)
How to add functionality to your site with WordPress plugins
Overview of plugins
How to install plugins
Top WordPress plugins and what they do
How to use plugins and widgets to improve your website’s functionality
Search Engine optimisation, Google
How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
Use ‘pretty url’s’ to improve click through rates
Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
Linking best practices
How to take advantage of the social web